We’re on a mission!
- To gather, present and promote the best open-source software alternatives to costly, proprietary software that locks you into their platforms, without standard, open and portable data formats, hosted on their servers instead of yours.
- To introduce great designers, developers, copywriters, administrators and educators to great and ethical brands and new online audiences worldwide.
- To design, develop and share as open-source all the systems, documentation and research we’ve created with over 20 years experience online, to enable brands, organisations and people to reclaim ownership of their digital work, assets and efficiencies.
- To make digital services as easy as online shopping for clients and providers, without hidden prices, price-hiking or pushing premium services you don’t need.
- To promote cost-pricing that’s significantly lower than closed-source alternatives, and rates respectful to the sustainability, investment and ongoing learning of your good freelancers and agencies working to give you the best online options for digital services in every way.
- To share and promote without prejudice for where you are from or what you can afford – everything we offer can be freely followed, learnt from and copied. If you would like us to build things for you with these principles, we can do that too 🙂
- To educate the next generations of digital service providers and clients on the advantages of open-source development, open standards, and digital education for all.
- To make the web faster, safer and happier for everyone involved – without conflict of interest, selling data or using data in advertising platforms that increase the costs of being connected for everyone.
- Choose privacy, choose security, choose transparency, choose open-source. Everything we do, we do it for all of you!
If you don’t need something right now, or directly from our Apps & Services store, and your brand, organisation or good self wants to support our research, development, education and sharing everything we do for your digital freedom, then invest in the Brandlight Foundation. All funds stay within the organisation and go towards bringing you more of what you already see here.